Tuesday, January 22, 2013

My Learning Progress


I have to say this is really a valuable writing class for me to learn more things. In recent Tuesday class, I learned the elements to write narrative essay. Specifically, by using first person, narrator should include setting, dialogue, tension, character and theme in the story. In other words, setting includes time, location, social condition, and background, and these are the most basic elements to write a story.

The most interesting element that I would like to mention is tension. As everyone noticed, movies and books always use tension to grab readers’ attention, and it is a lot easier to use this conflict to make the story in detail. In addition, there are four kinds of conflicts: person verses person, person verses environment, person verses society, and person verses himself. For example, in the movie Star Wars: A New Hope, the empire has conflict with the resistance. In other words, it is can be seen as a conflict of good verses evil. Therefore, the story would be more dramatic if the writer uses tension to plot the story.

Overall, this is what I have learned that can beneficial to my own Literacy Memoir. Moreover, I believe this is a handy material that people should spend time to think about;)  

1 comment:

  1. It's great that you have learned so much from the writing class. I have also learned a lot about the elements to write narrative essays. I would say that the knowing the elements helps a lot in my literacy memoir writing. Also, in my opinion, it's a fun class. We could really learn something in a nice environment.

    ReplyDelete