Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Practicing Knowledge: Continuing My Interview Experience


From my open blog “My First Time Interview” wrote on April 17, I wrote my experience about having my first job interview in my life. I think this hand-on experience taught me a great lesson about building leadership and communication. These two skills are the ones that I cannot learned from written sources.

In detail, both sources in having actual experience and writing progress can build my confidence in doing things. Also, I can be more detail and organized by either working in the workplace or writing. However, there are differences between hand-on experience and written sources. As I mentioned in the introduction, the main differences between those two sources are building leadership. Having actual experience like interview, volunteer, work, are things that we can do it step by step, and also, we get power by trying to convince someone and therefore get the sense of leading someone into some situation. To contrast, written source cannot give people the sense of independent. I have to admit that writing is a personal thing that we normally write our own ideas, however, there is not much idea of leadership.

Moreover, when we write papers, we normally learn things by searching and using all kinds of secondary sources. However, in hand-on experience, we learn things when we work with it. Take my interview as one example, I learned that sharing ideas with others are really important, and each one of us can learn from each other. However, in writing, we would not have sort of ideas from everyone.

To conclude, there are many differences shows that hand-on experience are really important for our daily life. We need this sort of experience in any situation like working, volunteering, and living.

No comments:

Post a Comment