Wednesday, April 17, 2013

My First Time Interview


Like you see the title for this blog post, I recently had my first interview in my life. I had to admit that I was excited but panic along with it. This is a job interview held by school OISS (Office of International Students and Scholars) about hiring orientation leaders for the upcoming international freshmen. Not surprised, I had the time filled out all the applications and resume, and luckily, I was passed on the first step of hiring process. New challenge is here: having interview.

I firstly made an appointment for the interview, and then wait for the day came. Still remember, I dressed up formal, and had all my confidence about taking this interview. Even though it is not the formal interview as I thought, but still I did all the preparations. When I walk into the room, there was one other girl sitting next to me. We were both passed the first step of orientation leader, and were both having interview at the same time. Clearly, the interviewer was just like having a daily conversation with us, and kept asking question about why we decided to be a leader for the orientation, and what can this opportunity help us in the future. However, I have to say that the girl sitting next to me is really good at leadership and communication too. Because next year will be her senior year, and she has the previous experience for doing this job. Thus, I was a bit stressed by having this competitor who sitting next to me.

However,I personally think I did a great job during the interview. I answered all the questions asked by interviewer, and I can saw he agreed with my ideas all the time. Therefore, I think I have a great chance to be hired for this job opportunity. Also, if I am successfully being the leader for the orientation, it will build my working experience and the leaderships, I am looking forward it.(:

No comments:

Post a Comment