Sunday, February 10, 2013

My Weekly Report



In this week, our WRA class assigned us to watch a documentary film called Six Days to Air: the Making of South Park. At the beginning, I do not have any idea why we need to watch this movie. The movie basically was talking about how one episode can be made in six days and the process of producing. However, after Kate let us list the steps to make the episode, she compared this list with our Literacy Memoir “How to” list, see how similar it could be to make one project, and I found the connection between those two.

Firstly, by watching Six Days to Air: the Making of South Park, the first thing they do is choose the target audience, then gathering all the animators together, have conversations and take jokes, in order to come up with funny ideas. Secondly, Matt and his co-operator writes the scripts and get it approved. After that, they will sent the writing scripts to the storyboard room, finish the records, and lastly, finalize it and out on the air. To find the similarity, when I wrote my Literacy Memoir, I generally brainstorming first and choose my target audience. In this way, focus on developing my story and related pop culture can roughly come up with a draft Memoir. Also, RAIDS (revision, arrangement, invention, delivery, style) are the five most important literacy devices can help to develop the story line.

To sum up, it is incredible to see how similarly the movie making and writing process can be compared, and how useful the lesson that Kate taught us. Thus, I would always remember the way to developing a paper.

2 comments:

  1. The documentary film is fun, and I really enjoyed watching it. After watching the film, I have exactly the same thoughts as what you wrote in your blog. The steps of making a movie is so similar as writing a paper that we could reference it to create a better paper. The most important thig I have learned in the movie is that I should always revise my essay during the process, because finding the problem and revise it is the only way to improve my whole paper. I love the way that kate used to let us learn from a movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. During this documentary I think those people are really hard, those only use 6 days to make a movie. They have really nice team and I learn about how to find topic of article, lots of ideas are around our daily life, we just never notice it. And choose target audience is really important, and this is really helpful of my writing.

    ReplyDelete