Thursday, February 21, 2013

Deep in Research

I have been noticed that writing an open blog post gets harder for me. As Kate mentioned in the class, after a period of practicing and writing blogs, we would realized that there are not much things we can talk about in the blog. Therefore, I will see this as my weekly study report, and provide as much information as I can.

In today’s WRA class, librarian Sara showed us around in the main library, and gave us many options to find sources for our next coming research paper. In detail, she assumed to take “Tattoos” as an example, let us brainstorming on the topic, and find websites, books, and scholar articles to support the topic. I have to admit this is my first time know how to use the school library web page. We can browse our topics, and find all related articles and books shown on the webpage. Also, one of the most awesome part is we can just click “cite” to create a MLA citation for the source. Moreover, Sara told us the ways to use this library source. Firstly, we need to get online, and type something related to our topic, browse the webpage and find relevant books. Then we can check the book’s call number and whether it is available or not. Lastly, we need to check the first letter shown in the call number, and find the book. Personally, I would never know this is so convenience that we can find a book so easy even we do not have any idea for choosing books.

Thus, I think this lecture really helps me with my further researching on my topic, and gave me more confidence for this project. In addition, I can use this convenience in any courses for my later on study.

1 comment:

  1. Suprisingly, I had the same theme of my open blog as yours. I think the experience in the library was really fun. I sometimes couldn't come up with an idea about my open blog since I don't think there is anything interesting to write. Howevre, after the tour in the library, and the paper Kate asked us to do in Monday's class, I have many new ideas about my blog. Researchng is really a good way for us to know something better, and to improve our writing skills as well.

    ReplyDelete